Top 7 Things to do in Qatar – Don’t Miss Them
Qatar, one of the smallest yet richest Arab states, is a fascinating destination with numerous places to visit and variety of things to do. From culture to art, history to adventure, Qatar has it all. So, if you are looking for a short getaway trip to some exotic location, Qatar is a unanimous answer. Whether you are travelling on a shoe string budget or looking towards a luxurious trip, Qatar will surpass your expectations. With the availability of several flight carriers offering air connectivity to Qatar, it has become easy to compare flight deals and strike a beneficial deal. Finding accommodation here is also simple as one can find a range of accommodation options from low cost lodging to five star hotels.
While planning your trip to Qatar, it is important to have an idea of the exciting things to do beforehand instead of reaching Qatar and then getting confused on where to go and what to do. Here are few things that you shouldn’t miss on your trip to Qatar –
- Walking along the Corniche Bay, a seven kilometer long paved road designed specially, for a safe and enjoyable walk. It offers a magnificent view the modern skyscape of Doha. In fact various other tourist attractions are also being redesigned to make them pedestrian friendly, but Corniche Bay is a must for every tourist.
- Try Sheisha, even if you are a non smoker. It is an easy way of becoming a part of and experiencing Arabic culture. Sheisha joints are available everywhere in Qatar offering various flavors like apple, grape, pineapple etc. But tourists should try Sheisha on Corniche or Souq Waqif as the atmosphere at these places is unbeatable.
- An adventurous desert safari through the gigantic sand dunes that unravels endless mysteries of deserts.
- Going on a shopping spree in the upscale malls, even if you are not a shopaholic, the duty free shopping will surely appeal to you. Not only malls, shopping in the charming Souq Waqif market that looks like an old marketplace with endless small shops offering a variety of things. A perfect place to test your bargaining skills.
- Visiting phenomenal Museum of Islamic Art.
- Take a trip to Inland Sea, south east tip of Qatar. The shallow lake created by the sea surges on land and separates Saudi Arabia from Qatar. Pure white dunes rising on Qatar side and pink cliffs on Saudi side of this inlet seems to be a mirage, but it is a fascinating reality. You can also camp overnight here.
- Delight your taste buds with delicacies at any fish restaurant or mint tea at one of the coffee shops.
Qatar follows its own set of Code of Conduct, hence ensure that your luggage consists of modest clothes and also you are aware of other local customs. Qatar is an interesting place and you will treasure the beautiful memories for a life time.